Mayan Massage - Sue Jones
Maya Abdominal Massage
Maya Abdominal Massage applies anatomy, physiology, herbology and naprapathy (study of the ligaments, joints and muscles) with ancient Maya healing techniques to address common female (and male) complaints.
The technique works by relieving congestion and blockages to improve the flow of chi and fluids of the circulatory, lymphatic and nervous systems to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology.
Dr Rosita Arvigo, DN, developed these techniques after apprenticing with Don Elijio Panti, the last of the Traditional Maya Shaman in Central America, where she has lived for over 30 years. The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage combine modern science with traditional healing and wisdom to produce a holistic path to physical, emotional and spititual well-being.
Most common symptoms that may be relieved by this treatment:
- chronic stomach conditions, eg sluggish digestion, irritable bowel syndrome
- frequent urination
- lower back ache
- tired legs, numb feet, sore heels
- varicose veins
- painful or irregular periods
- dark, thick or clotting during menstruation
- headaches, dizziness with menstruation
- endometriosis, endometritis
- uterine polyps and infections
- painful intercourse
- premenstrual stress
- ovarian cysts
- hormonal imbalance resulting in difficult menopause
What to expect in a treatment:
- comprehensive review of personal history and health care needs
- instruction in Self Care techniques that individuals can apply at home to enhance the benefit of treatment provided by an Arvigo Practitioner
- abdominal massage focused on aligning pelvic and abdominal organs
- additional techniques to complement the Arvigo techniques according to individual need (eg Reiki, cranial sacral, reflexology, bio-resonance therapy, etc)
- consultation focused on lifestyle changes
Additionally, herbal remedies and other natural products are available that may enhance the effect of the Arvigo treatment and may be indicated based on the lifestyle consultation.
Follow up care depends on individual goals and results. You and Sue work together to ensure your individual health care needs either through Arvigo techniques or referral to additional health care providers when necessary to achieve your goals.
For more information about Maya Abdominal massage, visit www.arvigotherapy.com
To book an appointment with Sue, please phone Joy on 0431 269 510